TO THE SHOP...

Saturday 21 November 2009

Challenge 18 'Add Some Sparkle,' Copic Tutorial from the DT & Winner of Ch 17

Challenge 18 - 'Add Some Sparkle'


How to play: This fortnight you must make a papercraft item (card, giftbag, tag...anything goes) which includes some sparkle (glitter, gems, sparkly papers, ribbons, etc...) AND use a digi image somewhere. You don't have to use a 'Bee Crafty' image. Submit by Saturday 5th December (Midday UK) by posting on your blog and commenting below. The PRIZE is one of Bee Craftys downloads. (See full rules to the right.)

Now be inspired by the super creations of my Design Team - all the images they have used can be purchased at our shop here or use the purple button at the top of the blog.

We welcome Elaine as a new member of the DT and her adorable card using 'Wish Fairies Original (boy)' who has sparkly wings and socks!


Sheri's card has wonderfully muted colours and great textures enhanced with glitter and uses 'Whimsical Girl & Snowman.'


Christine's vibrant card sees the Christmas 'Wish Fairies' with Shimmerz wings and much more.


Trixi's charming penguin easel card has sparkly embellishments, edging and lettering to set the scene for the 'Penguin Pair.'


Lori has created a wonderful card and flash card set using the 'Bunny Numbers' PDF and sparkly papers.

Kim's colourful card uses 'Butterfly on Flowers' with a range of sparkly materials including pearlescent ink.

Victoria's lovely 'Fluffy Bunny Christmas' card uses lots of sparkle which works beautifully with the purple colours.

Copic Tutorial ...Victoria has kindly produced a tutorial on how to apply copic markers to 'fluffy bunny christmas' as seen in her great card above.

Used: Copic Ciaos, 4 shades of grey and purple
1) Decide where the light source is coming from (in this case the right) and use the darkest shade first after colouring the nose!
2) Add the second slightly lighter shade next to it. Blend in a circular motion over and over, otherwise you just get two stripes of tone on tone rather than blending.
3) Repeat with the third shade, again lots of circular blending. Note - this doesn't work on thin paper or card which allows the ink to bleed over the image (Victoria uses the reverse side of white linen card from the Paper Mill Shop).
4) Next the lightest grey, shade over all the greys with this one.
5) Go around the edge in a light grey (or purple in this case to tie in with the card). An outline helps the image to stand out.
6) Finally apply the same theory of shading on the baubles and ribbon in shades to suit your card (again purple in this case.)

Winner of Challenge 17 - Photo Inspiration - is...Katherine for her full use of pinks and greens (even picking up the green with white spots from the ribbon in the images dress) Well done!

57 comments:

Sheri Gilson said...

Congratulations Katherine!! Your card is so sweet and brings back lots of childhood memories for me!!

Katherine said...

Thank you so much for reconizing my card. Bee Crafty challenge is my first win. :)

trixi b said...

Well done Katherine! I love Strawberry Shortcake - used to have the toy when I was tiny! x

Jane said...

Brilliant! just found this blog and I'm hooked!

Linda said...

Fabulous cards by the DT....thank you for all the inspiration.

Here’s my card.

Jane said...

LOVE "Sparkle", here's my entry XX
http://janeyscards.blogspot.com/

Maria Matter said...

Thanks for making this an easy one MB...who doesn't love Sparkle!!!

... Joyful Stamper: The Stamping Boutique...New Series.

Blessings, Maria

Dragonlady said...

Hi There,

Gorgeous inspiration.

here is my entry

Hugs Ali x

Unknown said...

Strawberry Shortcake is one off my favourite characters from childhood, is this available as a download image?

I hope you like me card girls, I love your DT projects you can see me card here at
http://avrilannwatson46.blogspot.com/ sorry still no idea how to link a card other than doing this and using Mr Linky.....Hugs Avril xxxx

Unknown said...

Fabulous inspiration.

here is my entry
Thanks for looking
Hugs
Dawn xx

Regina said...

beautiful work from the DT! here is mine

li-bee-ti said...

real great DT's works!
my card is here.

ribenaruby said...

Fab DT work, my entry is here Thanks for looking.

Katherine said...

Hello beautiful ladies!

I love sparkles!

Here is my entry

Thanks.

Katherine said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Katherine said...

.. and another entry.
:)
Thanks again.

Paula said...

thanks for adding some sparkle to my day!!
lovely challenge
and beautiful work DT
Paula xxx

heres mine

Hazel said...

What a lovely lot of sparkle! My card is here x

Marianne's Craftroom said...

Great DT cards. Here is my card Marianne x

Annita said...

great DT cards.
here is MY CARD

Annita

Emma said...

Gorgeous cards...I love all the sparkle.
My entry is here
Emma x

Monika/Buzsy said...

Fabulous sample cards! Here is my card.

Tracey said...

Fab creations from the DT :)

My Card is Here

x

Unknown said...

what gorgeous cards - this is the first time I have entered this challenge so fingers crossed here's my entry

Teri said...

Lovely DT work ladies.
here's my entry
Thanks for looking.
Hugs,
Teri x

paperpapier said...

Here's my card
triangle treat box

Monika/Buzsy said...

Love showflakes! Great sample cards!
Here is my card.

paperpapier said...

My entry is here snowman glitter card 2
Thank you.

paperpapier said...

Another entry from me snowflakes poinsettia

The Crafty Den said...

Hi Merrigan, what a super challenge this week - we all love a bit of sparkle! Gorgeous DT cards. You can see my card here. Hugs, Denise x

Julye said...

Hi all hope my take is ok please come take a look thanks for the challenge Julye

Anne said...

Hi Merrigan and DT girls
Great inspiration from you all this week
here's mine

li-bee-ti said...

And here is another card of mine, with sitting Magie on a string...

Anonymous said...

Have I got some Glitter for you:

http://emuupagumtree.blogspot.com/2009/11/rudolph-ostcard.html

Nikki said...

I love all glittery things except now it's getting all over my house :P here's Mine thanks for looking
hugs Nikki

rozzyb said...

Fantastic challenge and wonderful DT cards. thank you also for your copic tutorial.
I love Glitter... heres my card
thanks for looking
hugs rozzy xx

Wishcraft said...

Lovely sparkly DT work!

Here's my card

Thanks for looking :o) Lisa x

Georgie said...

Beautiful cards

Here is my card

Lexi said...

I love sparkle :D

here is my card

Lexi xxx

Nikki said...

Beautiful work all here's Mine thanks for looking
hugs Nikki

Aunty Sue said...

Fab DT work and tut. You can find my entry HERE

Tracey said...

Gorgeous DT cards :)

My Card is here

x

Unknown said...

Hiya,
Such a great challenge I couldn't resist putting in another entry.
You can find it here
Hugs
Dawn xx

Stacie (craft-princess) said...

http://craft-princess.blogspot.com/2009/12/snowman-sledding.html

Here is my card!
Thanks!
-Stacie

Stacie (craft-princess) said...

http://craft-princess.blogspot.com/2009/12/naughty-or-nice.html

Here is the link to my second entry!
Thanks!
-Stacie

crafterGM said...

DT some awesome cards.
Here is my Sparkle
thanks Gloria M.

Stacie (craft-princess) said...

Another entry here.
http://craft-princess.blogspot.com/2009/12/shhhkitty-is-sleeping.html

-Stacie

Stacie (craft-princess) said...

And yet another card for you!
http://craft-princess.blogspot.com/2009/12/frsoty-fun.html

Dawn B. said...

This is my first time entering.. I love all these careations.. Your bunny images are so sweet. Great job from the DT too.. Here is my entry:

Jingle Bells

Thanks,
Dawn

Louise said...

I love sparkle and always have some on every card so I HAD to enter this challenge :)

Here is my entry : Sparkle!

ineke said...

here is my card....
http://inekedc.blogspot.com/2009/12/colourq9pio26paperplay44beecrafty182red.html

Lisa said...

wonderful job DT's here's mine

sharon said...

Recently discovered your blog, there's some lovely cards from your design team. I'd like to join in this challenge. My card is here:
http://sharon79-sharonscraftyplace.blogspot.com/2009/12/this-years-christmas-card-for-my-oh.html

fairie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
fairie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
fairie said...

OMG!! Had to delete again. Somehow it's not linking to my card.

Please follow this link. Otherwise its titled "Card for Various Challenges" for December 2009.

So sorry. Love the tutorials.

fairie said...

Let's try if this works :(

please follow this link.